- We are glad to announce that Dr. Sakya Singha Sen (one of our member) has received the “INSA Young Scientist Award-2018” from the Indian National Science Academy, India. Our heartiest Congratulations to Dr. Sen on behalf of the Humboldt Academy, Pune.
- We are glad to announce that Dr. Seergazhi G. Srivatsan (one of our member) has received the “CDRI Award-2019” for Excellence in drug research in Chemistry discipline. Our heartiest Congratulations to Dr. Srivatsan on behalf of the Humboldt Academy, Pune.
- We are glad to announce that Dr. Sanak Mishra (one of our member) has received the “Lifetime Achievement Award” from the Govt. of India, Ministry of Steel, on the occasion of the National Metallurgists’ Day (NMD) on November 14, 2018. The award, given for contributions to Indian Metallurgy, was presented by Shri Binay Kumar, Secretary Department of Steel at the NMD Celebrations held this year in Kolkata. Our heartiest Congratulations to Dr. Sanak Mishra on behalf of the Humboldt Academy, Pune.
- International Conference on
Innovation & Entrepreneurship:
Role of Science & Technology
The Humboldt Academy Pune, India is happy to announce the upcoming Humboldt Kolleg (sponsored by AvH Foundation, Germany) on the theme: “Innovation & Entrepreneurship: Role of Science & Technology” during Jan. 31 and Feb.1-2, 2019 at Prakruti Resorts, Kashid, Raigad, Maharashtra, India, http://www.prakrutiresorts.net/contact.aspx.
The technical program will consists four sub-themes:
- The frugal way of doing science and innovation,
- Clean energy, fuel, batteries and materials,
- Sustainable and eco safer agriculture, food and water security, and
- Affordable healthcare and diagnostics.
There will be about 16 talks (from German and Indian (AvH fellow) Scientists as speakers) in the Kolleg. About 40 young research students, who are potential future Humboldtians, will take part in the flash and poster presentations.
The Humboldt Academy, Pune invites all the Humboldtians (registered to attend the kolleg from Pune, Mumbai and Goa Region) with the spouse to participate in this Kolleg and make this event a great success.
The details of the program will be updated very soon.
- We are very glad to share the great news on the election of Dr. Sanak Mishra (one of our member) to be the Next President of the Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE), with effect from January 1, 2019, for a two year tenure. He is President-Elect till December 31, 2018. This is an honorary post, and he will spend a lot of time interfacing with Central Govt. at the highest level on S&T policy. Our heartiest Congratulations to Dr. Sanak Mishra on behalf of the Humboldt Academy, Pune.
- We are happy to announce that our member, Dr. Ashok Giri has been elected as a Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences (NASI), India.
Dr. Giri has been invited for the 88th Annual Session of NASI on 6-8th December, 2018 at Chitrakoot to receive the certificate and sign historical book.
Our heartiest congratulations to Ashok on behalf of the Humboldt Academy, Pune.
- A great effort by our Humboldt Academy Member
For More Details Click here
- It was unanimously decided by the entire Humboldt academy members to register the academy as a society and trust, in the meeting held on March 2018. We are registered as a society on June 05, 2018. This makes the Humboldt Academy as a legal entity. We believe, other Humboldt clubs may follow the similar route to register themselves.
- Article from a Humboldt Academy Pune Member
- Second Mini-Symposium
Organized by Humboldt Academy, Pune
(March 10, 2018)
Venue: CSIR-NCL, Pune (SS Bhatnagar Lecture Theatre, PAM Building)
Program Schedule: Session Chairman: Prof. Madhava Rao (IISER, Pune)
||Title of the talk
||Prof. Madhav Gadgil
Centre for Ecological Sciences, IISc, Bangalore.
Agharkar Research Institute, Pune
|Biodiversity - Diversity of Social Behaviours
||Prof. Nils Metzler-Nolte
Chair of Inorganic Chemistry 1, Bioinorganic Chemistry
|Successes and Promises of Metals in Medicine
||Prof. Rajas Purchure
Director, Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune
|Recurrent Economic Crises during the Last Century : The Role of Money and Finance
35 min presentation followed by discussion for 10 min.
Informal discussion and dinner will be at NCL guest house, after the symposium between 7-9.30 pm.
- Germany and India – Partners in Education and Research (27 November 2017); Scientists and scholars meet at the latest Humboldt Colloquium in India for an interdisciplinary exchange. Link: https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/web/53897029.html
- Humboldt Academy, Pune Chapter meeting was held on Thursday, November 02, 2017 at NCL Guest House between 7.00 and 9 pm followed by dinner. Dr. C. S. Gopinath (General Secretary) requested Prof. B. S. M. Rao, President of the Academy, to chair the meeting. Twenty one (21) members of the academy were present for the meeting.
- Humboldt Academy, Pune Chapter meeting was held on Tuesday, 27th December, 2016 at NCL Guest House between 7.30 and 9 pm. Dr. M. V. Badiger (General Secretary) requested Prof. B. S. M. Rao, President of the Academy, to chair the meeting. Twenty one (21) members of the academy were present for the meeting.
- Mini-Symposium Details
Organized by Humboldt Academy, Pune
(July 15, 2017)
Venue: IISER, Main Building, Seminar Room 33, 2nd Floor, Pune
Program Schedule: Session Chairman: Dr. B S M Rao (IISER, Pune)
||Title of the talk
||Prof. K. N. Ganesh
Director IISER, Pune
||Prof. Tarun Ghosh
Inter-University Centre for Astronomy & Astrophysics (IUCAA)
|Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO) project and gravitational waves
||Dr. R. Krishnan
Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune
|Climate change and its influence on weather patterns
25 min presentation followed by discussion for 20 min.
- Humboldt Club was rechristened as present Humboldt Academy, Pune Chapter on May 21, 2007. Bank A/c opened on this name
||Humboldt Academy Pune mourns for the sad demise of the Founder - President Prof. B.B. Kulkarni
- 1st Executive Committee Meeting held on 12th April, 2004. 19 Humboldtians were present. Formal Draft of the Constitution.
- Humboldt Club, Pune - Probably the oldest Humboldt club in the World!
Initiated on 1972 by late Prof. B.B. Kulkarni - ad hoc basis (no written constitution)
It was isted in ‘Verzeichnis Aller Humboldt Clubs and Vereinigungen’
- First regional Kolleg - January 2003 at Kashid Village, Alibaug (by Dr. A. V. Ramaswamy) (Humboldtians from Pune and Bombay were present)